Saturday July 16th – Adult Tournament
MUAY THAI GRAND PRIX Presents the THE CONTENDER CUP
The O2, London
The O2, Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DX Tel: 020 8463 2000
Weigh-in starts at 9am and 1st fight starts at 2:30pm.
Weigh in will be between 9am and 11am
Upon entry into the O2 the competitor will be given a contender cup pass and each team will receive 2 corner wrist bands. This will also give you an all day pass to the SENI exhibition.
The contender cup first fight will be at 2.30pm
If any competitor would like tickets for fans they are priced at £25 , the entry time to the o2 for these tickets is 2pm and will also give them access to the SENI.
If you require tickets please call Simon on or email Simon@muaythaigp.com
The promotion team behind MTGP bring you an incredible qualifying knockout tournament where fighters from around the UK with an under ten fight experience can enter into a Grand Prix at the exclusive O2 in London. Selected finalists will be highlighted on a future MTGP EVENT in the near future. The event will boast two boxing rings to keep the action flowing from start to finish.
A great experience for up and coming talents around the country to showcase their skills & strengths. The knockout tournament is open to all UK gyms.
All competitors have to be over the age of 18
Preliminary – 3 x 1.5 minutes
Final – 3 x 2 minutes
Fighters wear 12oz gloves in the following weight categories -70kg
Fighters wear 14oz gloves in the following weight categories +70kg
Shin pads to be worn in all categories. This applies to all preliminary bouts. The final bout can be fought bear shin if both parties are in agreement.
The rules for the adult tournament are located on the Rules page.
Preliminary – 3 x 1.5 minutes (Adult)
Final – 3 x 2 minutes
Thai rules apply.
No elbows allowed throughout the tournament. The scoring is based on the following:
- A boxer wins the round when hitting more with Muay Thai skills than the opponent.
- A boxer wins the round when using more forceful Muay Thai skill than the opponents.
- A boxer wins the round when showing less exhaustion and less damage.
- A boxer wins the round when showing more aggression.
- A boxer wins the round when having the better Muay Thai style.
- A boxer wins the round when having less infringement of the rules.
Point Scoring System
All preliminary bouts will be scored by the referee. Finals will be scored by three independent judges. Bouts scored on 10 point must system.
Referee does not have to give a warning to begin to deduct points; this is down to the referee’s discretion in the preliminary bouts. Referee will give 1 warning, 2nd warning (point deducted) 3rd warning (disqualification) this rule applies in the final bout.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register for Saturday July 16th
- To register visit here http://muaythaigp.com/contender-cup-registration
- Simply fill in the boxes for each of the seven steps then click the ‘submit my registration via paypal’ icon at the end of the form.
- You will be transferred to the secure paypal payment gateway to make your payment of £25.
- Once you make your payment the Contender Team will receive your registration and will be notified of your payment.
- Your reference will appear on both the paypal email receipt and email confirmation from The Contender Team.
Note:- Registrations will only be accepted together with a paypal payment.
Men – Categories
Women – Categories
Men Veterans – Categories